About the Book
History is a popular optional subject chosen by candidates in the OAS mains exam. It is a very important subject in the OPSC scheme of things because history is included in the OAS prelims exam and in the OAS mains general studies papers as well. If you are an OAS aspirant, you cannot get by without studying history.
The book has been specially designed for those students who are preparing for the OPSC Civil Services Examination and have no academic background in History subjects. The syllabus prescribed for OPSC Mains Exam will be covered comprehensively from the NCERT level onward so that even beginners do not face any difficulty in understanding the topics.
It is a complete package for civil service aspirants as it covers the entire syllabus, each unit in a holistic manner. The book contains previous year OPSC mains question in each chapter which help students to understand the question pattern.
1. Complete Coverage of OPSC History Optional Syllabus in one book
2. Special emphasis on the History of Odisha
3. Previous Year Questions
4. Sufficient Amount of Practice Questions at the end of each chapter
5. Sources are Authentic such as NCERT, IGNOU, and books of well reputed Authors such as RS Sharma, Bipin Chandra, SB Raychoudhury, VD Mahajan, AL Shrivastava, etc.
6. Special emphasis on Mains Answer Writing and covered in the same manner.
7. Also useful for UPSC and other State PCS Examinations…
1. Ancient India (Page- 1 to 114)
2. Medieval India (Page-115 to 296)
3. Modern India (Page-297 to 514)
4. Modern World (Page- 515 to 655)
The Author has a graduate degree in Computer Applications and a Post Graduate degree in History and appeared two times Civil Services interview. He is the founder of OBJECTIVE IAS, Odisha’s first online Civil Service Portal and has been teaching history, Geography and General Studies to Civil Service Aspirants of Odisha and Jharkhand since 2014. Along with this he is the founder of www.historyofodisha.in, a dedicated online portal for Odisha History and has been working as its editor since 2015.
Note: This Book is Published by Bijay Kumar Mahapatra (B.K. Publications)