1. Current events of national and international importance.
2. History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Historical Geography of India
- Prehistoric India
- Harappan Civilization
- Vedic Culture
- Jainism and Buddhism
- Rise of Magadha and Alexander’s invasion
- The Mauryan Empire
- Post-Mauryan Period
- Sangam Age
- Gupta Age
- Pallava, Chalukyas and Rashtrakutas
- Imperial Cholas
- Spread of Indian Culture
- Early Medieval India
- Delhi Sultanate
- India under Delhi Sultanate
- Bhakti Movement
- Vijayanagar and Bahamani Kingdoms
- Mughal Empire
- India under Mughals
- The Marathas
- The Coming of Europeans and 18th Century India
- India under Company rule (1757-1785)
- India under Company rule (1785-1805)
- India under Company rule (1805-1835)
- India under Company rule (1835-1866)
- Revenue Administration and Economic Policies
- Education and Social Reforms
- British India after 1858
- Socio-Religious Reform Movements
- Revolt of 1857
- Indian National Movement (1885-1905)
- Indian National Movement (1905-1916)
- Indian National Movement (1917-1947)
- Constitutional Development (1858-1947)
- History of Independent India (1947-2000)
- Regional Revolts before and after 1857
- Rise of Political Ideas and Association
3. Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- India: Size and Location
- Physical Features of India
- Drainage of India
- Climate of India
- Natural Vegetation
- Soils of India
- Land Resources and Agriculture
- Mineral and Energy Resources
- Manufacturing Industries
- Transport, Communication and International Trade
4. Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
5. Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
6. General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
7. General Science.