1. The Sultan of the Sultanate of Delhi, who transferred his capital form Delhi to Agra, was:
a) Khizr khan
b) Bahlul Lodi
c) Sikandar Lodi
2. The Special feature of the financial system of Vijayanagar was:
a) Land Tax
b) Currency System
c) Surplus Revenue
d) Revenue from Seaports
3. Nastaliq was:
a) A Persian script
b) A Raga
c) A cess levied by Mughal rulers
d) A manual code of conduct of the Sufi saints
4. Prem Vatika, poems on the life of Krishna, were composed by:
c) Mira Bai
d) Ras Khan
5. The Medieval India writer who referes to the discovery of America is:
a) Amir Khusrau
b) Abul Fazl
c) Marco Polo
6. Fawazil in the Sultanate period meant:
a) Extra payment to nobles
b) Revenue assigned in lieu of salary
c) Excess amount to the exchequer by the Iqtadars
d) Illegal exactions extracted from the peasants
7. Sultan of Delhi who is reputed to have built the biggest canals in India was:
b) Firoz Shah Tughlaq
c) Sikandar Lodi
8. The first writer to use Urdu as medium of poetic expression was:
a) Amir Khusrau
b) Mirza Ghalib
c) Bahadur Shah Zafar
9. The Sufi saint who maintained that devotional music was one way of coming close to God was:
a) Muin-ud-Din Chisti
b) Baba Farid
c) Saiyyid Muhammad Gesudaraz
d) Shah Alam Bukhari
10. Which one of the following pair is not correctly matched?
a) Jahangir: William Hawkins
b) Sahajahan: Tranernier
c) Aurangzeb: Manucci
d) None of the above
11. Who among the following was the first Bhakti saint to use Hindi for the propagation of his message?
12. Which of the following pair is/are correctly matched?
a) Dewan-i-Bandagani: Feroz Tughlaq
b) Diwan-i-Mustaqraj: Balban
c) Diwan-i-amir-Kohi: Alaud-din-Khalji
d) All of the above
13. Which among the following ports was called Babul Makka (Gate of Makka) during the Mughal period?
14. Historian Barani refused to consider the state in India under Delhi Sultans was truly Islamic because:
a) Majority of the population did not follows Islam
b) Muslim theologists were often disregarded
c) Sultan supplemented the Muslim law by framing his own regulations
d) Religious freedom was accorded to non-muslims
15. Battle of Dharmat was fought between:
a) Muhammad Ghori and Jai Chand
b) Babur and Afghans
c) Aurangzeb and Dara Shikoh
d) Ahmad Shah Durrani and the Marathas
16. When Raja Wodeyar founded the kingdom of Mysore, who was the ruler of the Vijayanagar Empire?
c) Ranga II
d) Venkata II
17. Bhakta Tukaram was a contemporary of which Mughal emperor?
18. In Indian history, who was Abdul Hamid Lahori?
a) An important military commander during the Akbar reign
b) An official historian of the reign of Shahjahan
c) An imprtant noble and confidant of Aurangzeb
d) A chronicler and poet during the reign of Muhammad shah
19. Where is the famous Vijaya Vittala temple having its 56 carved pillar emitting musical notes located?
20. During the time of which Mughal emperor did the English East India company establish its first factory in India?
21. Where is the famous Virupaksha temple located?
22. With whose permission did the English set up their factory in Surat?
c) Shah Jahan
23. Ibadat Khana at Fatehpur Sikri was:
a) The mosque for the use of Royal Family
b) Akbar’s private prayer chamber
c) The hall in which Akbar held discussions with Scholars of various religions
d) The room in which the nobles belonging to differnet religiions gathered to discuss religious affairs
24. In Medieval India, the designations Mahattara and Pattakila were used for:
a) Mililary officiers
b) Village headmen
c) Specialists in Vedic rituals
d) Chiefs of craft guilds
25. Who of the following founded a new city on the south bank of a tributary to river Krishna and undertook to rule his new kingdom as the agent of a deity to whom all the land south of the river Krishna was supposed to belong?
a) Amoghavarsha I
b) Bahhala II
c) Harihara I
d) Prataparudra II
26. His enterprises and novel experients ended in miserable failures because they were all far of their time. This description is about:
a) Raziya Sultan
b) Ala-ud-Din Khalji
c) Muhammad -bin-Tughlaq
d) Firoz Tughlaq
27. Under Delhi Sultanate which of the following land was under the direct control of the Sultan and the revenues collected were spent for the maintenance of royal court and royal househols?
a) Iqta Land
b) Khalisa land
c) Inam land
28. The land was divided into four categories during reign of Akbar. Which of the following was land cultivated once in two years?
29. Which of the following statements is not correct regarding Mansabadari system during the reign of Akbar?
a) Akbar introduced the Mansabadari system in his administration
b) Under this system every officier was assigned a rank
c) The ranks were divided into two – Zat and Sawar
d) Princes of royal blood were not given any mansab to prevent dissension
30. Which of the following pair is not correct regarding Sher Shah’s adminsitration?
a) Diwan-i-Rasalat: Navy Minister
b) Diwan-iAriz: In charge of Army
c) Diwan–Wazarat: In Charge of Revenue
d) Diwan-i-Insha: Minister for Communications