Paper: General Studies Paper-I
Section: History of India and Indian National Movement
Topic: Ancient India
1. Who persuaded the Buddha to allow women into the “Sangha”?
2. From which Buddhist source we know that Asoka distributed portions of the Buddha’s relics to every important town and ordered to build the stupas over them?
d) Sarnath Pillar inscription
3. The first Jaina Council was held at:
4. “Many early Buddhist sculptors did not show the Buddha in human form-instead, they showed his presence through symbols”, with reference to this , which of the following symbol indicate the meditation of the Buddha?
b) Empty seat
5. The paintings at Ajanta depicts stories from:
d) All of the above
6. Most of the Asokan inscriptions were written in:
a) Pali Language
b) Prakrit Language
c) Aramic language
7. Which of the following provincial centers of Mauryan empire was possibly important for tapping Gold mines of Karnataka?
8. In which of the following place, Asoka laid a Pillar inscription?
9. With reference to Great buddhist Stupas, which of the following states is/are correct?
1. In a stupa semi-circular mound of earth is called “Yashti”.
2. Above the Yashti, a balcony like structure that represented the abode of the Gods is called “Harmika”.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) Both 1 and 2
d) neither 1 nor 2
10. The Vikram Samvat is reckoned from the event of Vikramaditya’s victory in 57BC over:
a) The Sakas
b) The Indo-greeks
c) The Parthians
d) The Kushana