Answer these Questions in about 250/200 words each:
1. What do you mean by Preamble ? Why is the Preamble prefaced to our Constitution is so significant ? Is the Preamble apart of our Constitution ? Show, how ?
2. ‘Article 32 is the soul of our Constitution’ – (Ambedkar) – Examine the truth in this statement.
3. The President of India is the fountain of”Mercy and Justice”- Comment.
4. In India there is a balance between Parliamentary Supremacy and Judicial Review-Explain.
5. Can all the parts of the Constitution of India be amended ? Answer the question with reference to the judgements of the Supreme Court in this regard.
6. Is the consent of a state required under the Constitution for altering the boundaries of states by the parliament ? Discuss the point with reference to the process by which states can be formed in India.
7. Describe the salient features of the India Constitution.
8. “Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles together represent the basic objectives contained in the Preamble of the Indian Constitution.” Discuss.
9. Elucidate the socio-economic and philosophical foundations of the India Constitution.
10. “India has a federation with a strong centralisation tendency.” Discuss.
Answer These Questions in about 150/100 words each:
1. Explain the procedure and grounds of impeachment of the President of india. Are the grounds justifiable in the Court of Law ?
2. Explain the nature and scope of the Governor’s Discretionary Power : Can its misuse or abuse be prevented ? Show, How ?
3. State briefly what happens to the Bill when it reaches the President of India after being passed in the Parliament for his assent? Does our President enjoy the Pocket veto Power ? If so, how ?
4. Briefly state the organisation and functions of the Union Public Service Commission.
5. Examine the controversy surrounding Article 356 of the Indian Constitution.
6. Discuss the recommendations of the Sarkaria Commission with regard to the Centre-State relations in India.
7. State the composition and central functions of the Election Commission of India.
8. “Executive accountability to Parliament is a myth.” Explain.
9. “The position of Indian President is not that of a rubber stamp.” Elaborate.
10. “Parliamentary Standing Committee system is an innovation in the functioning of Indian Parliament.”Justify.
11. Explain the importance of Directive Principles of State Policy and critically examine the steps taken by the Government to Implement them.
12. “The position of Indian President is that of influence but not power.” Explain.
13. Assess the impact of coalition government compulsions on the role of Prime Minister.