In 2018 the Odisha Government launched number of schemes. Let’s have a quick look..
- Objective: to provide financial assisstance to farmers and insulate them from vagaries of nature and other factors.
- Covering all the over 30 lakh small and marginal farmers of the state.
- Financial assisstance of Rs 10000 per family will be provided for taking up cultivation
2. Biju Swasthya Kalyana Yojana
- The universal health assurance scheme will benefit 70 laks families ensuring free treatment, medicines, diagnostics across hospitals.
- Beneficiaries of BSKY will get medical assisstance of Rs 5 lakh and women will get an additional Rs 2 lakh.
3. Food Security Scheme
- It is on the lines of the Centre’s National Food Security Act.
- The state scheme will cover 34.44 lakh people, who have been left out of the national scheme covering 3.26 crore people in Odisha
4. JAAGA Mission
- A mega state government programme to provide land rights to over 10,000 landless urban slum dwellers.
- The Government launched the scheme- Odisha Liveable Habitat Mission at Chhatrpur on May 7 and extended it across the state.
5. Nirman Kusum
- It was launched on October 7 for providing financial assisstance to children of construction workers for their technical education in the state.
- While an ITI student will get Rs 23,000, a Diploma student will get Rs 26, 000 per annum.
- A total of 1878students will benefit from the programme.
6. Khusi Scheme
- Announced in February and implemented from October for providing free sanitary napkins to 17 lakh girls studying in Class 6 to 12 in Government and Government-aided schools.
7. Free Smartphone Yojana for Women Farmers
- This scheme provides smartphones to small and marginal women farmer to have access to market prices, weather-based info and new agricultural products.
8. Ama Gaon, Amo Bikas
- Odisha Government launched the scheme on March 5 on the occassion of birth anniversary of former Chief Minister Biju Patnaik, observed as Panchayati Raj Day every year, to reach out to people in rural areas and involve them in the development process.
- The Chief Minister interacts with people directly through video conference and sanctions village level projects.
- So far, projects worth over Rs1300 crore have been sanctioned and 269 out of 314 blocks have been covered.
9. Dinner in Aahar
- In view of the popularity if Aahar Yojana, the Odisha Government announced to start night meal facility at Aahar centres from December this Year.
- This night meals are being provided at Aahar centres on 54 hospital campuses in the state.
10. Biju Yuva Bahini
- A new sub-scheme of Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana, Biju Yuva Bahii was launched on March 14 targeting the youth of Odisha to promote leadership, volunteerism and a healthy lifestyle through sports and social action interventions.
- A budget of 450 crore has been earmarked for the scheme.
Source: The New Indian Express