Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi held a Virtual Summit with H.E. Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
The two Prime Ministers reviewed ongoing bilateral cooperation initiatives, and also discussed regional and global issues. A ‘Joint Vision for Peace, Prosperity and People’ document was adopted during the Summit, to guide the future development of the India-Vietnam Comprehensive Strategic Partnership. Both leaders also welcomed the signing of a Plan of Action for period 2021-2023 to implement the Joint Vision.
- While adopting this Joint Vision Statement, both Leaders welcomed the signing of Plan of Action for period 2021-2023.
- Both Prime Ministers expressed satisfaction over the successful implementation of the High Speed Guard Boat (HSGB) Manufacturing Project for Vietnam Border Guard Command under the US$ 100 million Defence Line of Credit extended by Government of India to Vietnam, and the handing over of completed HSGB to Vietnam, launch of HSGBs manufactured in India and the keel laying of HSGBs manufactured in Vietnam.
- Both Leaders appreciated the completion of seven Development Projects with Indian ‘Grant-in-Aid’ Assistance of US$ 1.5 million for the benefit of local community in Vietnam’s Ninh Thuan province.
- Both Prime Ministers also expressed satisfaction over signing of MOUs/Agreements/Implementing Arrangements as well as Announcements for further strengthening bilateral cooperation in various spheres
MoUs and Agreements
- Implementing Arrangement on Defence Industry Cooperation.
- Agreement for US$ 5 million Indian Grant Assistance for Army Software Park at National Telecommunications University, Nha Trang.
- Implementing Arrangement between CUNPKO-VNDPKO for Cooperation in United Nation Peacekeeping.
- MOU between India’s Atomic Energy Regulatory Board and Vietnam Agency for Radiation and Nuclear Safety.
- MOU between CSIR-Indian Institute of Petroleum and Vietnam Petroleum Institute.
- MOU between National Solar Federation of India and Vietnam Clean Energy Association.
- MOU between Tata Memorial Centre and Vietnam National Cancer Hospital.
- Enhancing the number of Quick Impact Projects from currently 5 per year to 10 per year commencing FY 2021-2022.
- New Development Partnership projects in heritage conservation in Vietnam (F-block of Temple at My Son; Dong Duong Buddhist Monastery in Quang Nam and Nhan Cham Tower in Phu Yen).
- Launch of a bilateral project for Encyclopedia on India – Vietnam Civilizational and Cultural Interactions.